1/16/09

Hello Again...and the Writing Season

I have failed to be very faithful with my writing blog, but as my "writing season" kicks in for me I'm going to try and be better about posting.

I've got several things going on related to my writing...

* I'm helping teach a class at the University of Alabama, and I am getting such a kick out of it. It's a senior and graduate level class on magazine writing, so I get to share some of my expertise in the area with young people who are very energetic about the topic. (A cool added bonus is that I get to use my own book for the textbook. Very cool!)

* I'm trying to get a book manuscript finished within the next month or so. This is going to be a hands-on, concise guide to getting published in magazines. It is the first in a series of books called "The Concise Writers Guide" from Breeze Hill Books (an imprint of Vision Press) and is tentatively called "How to Sell Every Article You Write." I'm working hard to get it done and then will start doing marketing work for it.

* I'm beginning to think of opportunities at writers conferences this Spring and Summer. I spoke at three conferences last year and had the BEST time. It's around this time that conferences begin contacting speakers, so I'm going to see about getting to speak and teach at some this year as well. (If you are involved with a writers group or writing conference, I'd love to talk to you about my speaking to your organization. You can email me at cherylwrit@aol.com).

I hope you all are getting a lot of writing done!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hi Cheryl,

Just discovered your blog. Your writing class sounds cool. And by the way, Roll Tide!

I recently started blogging. Think I have a new addiction.

Do you know of any other writer's conferences that will be held in Alabama this year?

How can I obtain a copy of your book?

Thanks!