6/18/08

The 2008 SCWC

I will be speaking and working this weekend at the Southern Christian Writers Conference in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. My parents founded this conference eighteen years ago and it's hard to believe it's been so long and it's still going so strong! The conference is really a family affair with both my brother, Christopher, and I both speaking at the conference and helping our parents any way we can.

The conference is always so rewarding. I always meet so many great writers and aspiring writers, and I am always humbled by their responses to my workshops and talks. I always return from the conference all pumped up and ready to get writing again!

This year, I will be presenting two sessions on the basics of writing for magazines. I will discuss such topics as coming up with ideas, writing query letters, marketing your work, writing your article, working with editors, and other issues that are important in doing freelance work for magazines. I will also do my best to encourage and motivate the aspiring writers who come to my sessions.

I plan on popping back in here with some instruction and inspiration from the conference.

No comments: